OT. installing oven. heat tolerances, etc.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
The reason I'm asking this here is the heat tolerences are right up the alley of Sandor and Elk. I'm installing a double wall oven. Usually you would have a 30 inch cabinet. I'm using a pantry closet instead. Inside dimensions of closet are 38 inches side to side. only real heat concern is it says you have to have adhesion tolerance for nect cabinet of 194 degrees. I'll be building the cabinet inside this closet out of 3/4 inch plywood. Can you think of any "gotchyas" I might run into?

Gotchas make sure you do not oleave the oven door open while above 400 degrees for an extended period of time. Just follow the manufactures specs you should be ok Does not hurt to have 1/4" space around the unit makes for removing the unit easier if there is a need also the space could be larger if screws heads stick out beyond the base. that space acts for air circulation around the unit as well. Which is a good thing to have another reason is to allow for expansion and contraction after all there is heat there.

Cool I didn't expect any issues but figured if I needed to worry about combustion of drywall or anything like that you'd know. I appreciate the help. I'll be installing it tomorrow. That ought to earn me some points with SWOMBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.