OT, Question On Electric Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drizler

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Chazy, NY 12921
http://www.edenpurestore.com/inc/sdetail/150880

A friend of mine is looking at one of these infared electric heater for heating one big room in Northern NY. The room is 25 by 25 feet and of course we have NYSEGS wonderous rates to contend with. I have my doubts having used the 1500 watt oil filed heaters on occasion. Is there something about these infrared units that makes them better than other electric units?

took a quick look at the first page from BB's link, looked like feast or famine , the fan seems to be the weak link , and it looks like their CS isnt up to what it should be (granted i expect a lot from CS cause thats what i do , (i digress) anyway , i doubt i would get one when a 50 dollar ceramic would probably do a similar job , btu's is btu's just my 2 cents

I have several years of use on my 15$ walmart ceramic heater. These are the little cube ones that have a fan and thermostat. I started using them in my RV at first when free electricity is available and then continue to use them to heat up a cold bathroom daily.

Why spend any more than 15$? The oil filled radiator looking ones have the advantage of being silent but the disadvantage of being tippable.

But Paul Harvey says they're great! Paul Harvey would never lie, would he?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.