Ouch!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That just broke my heart, poor guy :-S ....wonder if it is real though?

Better to know now that she doesn't want him forever.

pen

Probably the best thing to ever happen to him! ;-)

It will hurt if he didn’t keep the receipt.

That receipt is just a piece of paper. An engagement ring, depreciates faster than driving a new car off the lot.

Trust me on this one!

KC

iskiatomic said:

That receipt is just a piece of paper. An engagement ring, depreciates faster than driving a new car off the lot.

Trust me on this one!

KC

Not all women want an "engagement" ring....
The "prize" is not the ring and all the hoopla....it is life you spend together happily....
Too many women get all hyped up on the materialistic things involved with a wedding....it's not all about the ring and wedding....
I guess to each her own..
Just sayin.. ;-)

GAMMA RAY said:
iskiatomic said:

Trust me on this one!

KC

The "prize" is not the ring and all the hoopla....it is life you spend together happily....
Too many women get all hyped up on the materialistic things involved with a wedding....it's not all about the ring and wedding....
Just sayin.. ;-)

i couldnt agree more, i got engaged over the Christmas holiday after a 7 year "trial" period
and the first thing my g/f says to me is....why did you waste your money on a ring ??

a ring is just material and what counts is in the heart

Always buy engagement rings at Zale's Jewelers. 100 day no questions asked full refund policy. :cheese:

Jack Straw said:
Probably the best thing to ever happen to him! ;-)

Or...quite possibly the best decision she's made thus far in her life. :)

CTguy9230 said:
GAMMA RAY said:
Just sayin.. ;-)

i couldnt agree more, i got engaged over the Christmas holiday after a 7 year "trial" period
and the first thing my g/f says to me is....why did you waste your money on a ring ??

a ring is just material and what counts is in the heart

So very very true.....I could have had a nice ring but I did not want one. I wear a stainless steel wedding band with a tiny tiny diamond "tension set" in it...and I love it... :)

Maybe he could have casually brought it up in conversation to get an idea of whether or not she'd want to or not.

CTguy9230 said:
i got engaged over the Christmas holiday after a 7 year "trial" period

We had an 8 year trial period. I didn't want to rush into anything. I didn't have to keep the receipt when I bought the ring!

The wife never took hers in to get the setting tightened so after about 20 years, it's gone.
I wasn't too upset at first. We went to where I got it and they had a copy of the receipt on file.
It was going to cost 4x the money for the same ring. Then I was upset.

I wonder if the guy in the video just had a real small one. :lol:

kenny chaos said:
The wife never took hers in to get the setting tightened so after about 20 years, it's gone.
I wasn't too upset at first. We went to where I got it and they had a copy of the receipt on file.
It was going to cost 4x the money for the same ring. Then I was upset.

I wonder if the guy in the video just had a real small one. :lol:

There is nothing wrong with that.....Well that's my motto :sick:

Well, ya know, since it was their first date and all...

Contrary to what DeBeers would have you believe, diamonds are not forever. After a really long time at normal temperature and pressure the carbon atoms eventually rearrange back into graphite.

This also explains why most geologists are single.

homebrewz said:
eventually

Is that geological eventually or a human eventually?

Flatbedford said:
homebrewz said:
eventually

No... definitely geological! :)
Thousands to millions of years, probably. No one really knows how long they take to form, so probably the same is for the reverse process.

homebrewz said:
Flatbedford said:
homebrewz said:
eventually

No... definitely geological! :)
Thousands to millions of years, probably. No one really knows how long they take to form, so probably the same is for the reverse process.

I'll check with Dennis. :lol:

homebrewz said:
This also explains why most geologists are single.

Oh yeah? Try having a pet tarantula and see how that works for you :mad: ( :p )

BB: Well, my mineralogy prof. was getting up there, but he didn't know either.

Kat: Yeah.. not so much into the spiders. I don't keep too many rocks on the porch anymore though. They're much easier to keep track of on the kitchen table.
%-P

I see your rocks on the table and raise you assorted biological specimens in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.