Ouch!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GAMMA RAY said:
iskiatomic said:
It will hurt if he didn’t keep the receipt.

That receipt is just a piece of paper. An engagement ring, depreciates faster than driving a new car off the lot.

Trust me on this one!

KC

Not all women want an "engagement" ring....
The "prize" is not the ring and all the hoopla....it is life you spend together happily....
Too many women get all hyped up on the materialistic things involved with a wedding....it's not all about the ring and wedding....
I guess to each her own..
Just sayin.. ;-)

Well said . . . I just proposed to my wife without the ring . . . times were tight for both of us at the time. Several years later after we were married her father died and we came into a bit of money . . . she ended up going out and buying an "engagement" ring with some of that money and some of the money we had put into savings since being married -- she always says she preferred it that way since she felt as though it was a gift from both me and her father and she was able to get the exact ring she wanted.

Truthfully . . . she could have bought a half dozen rings if she wanted . . . she is so much more frugal than me.

Incidentally, our marriage was just as low key . . . and my friends still mention how much they enjoy it . . . we invited just a handful of our close friends to a ceremony at the local park beside the lake . . . had a Justice of the Peace . . . I wore a suit and she wore a borrowed wedding dress . . . we said our vows in a wicked short ceremony, signed the paperwork and then went to my Uncle's house for an afternoon of BBQing, eating and swimming . . . even told our friends to not bother with gifts since we were all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.