Our Englander 30-NCH has been installed!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burns2003

Jul 29, 2016
Texas
Hello everyone, we purchased our 30-NCH from Home Depot about a month ago and now it's all ready to keep us warm! Thanks to all the great talk on here about them, we are confident we made the right choice. We had a professional install it but after watching I'm sure we could of handled it ourself but the hubby wasn't confident. So happy to find this site and looking forward to coming here for any advice we may need!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 309
Reactions: kennyp2339
We have a neighbor that has given us an endless supply of wood. It has been cut and stacked for over a year but needs to be split. We will work on splitting soon. We are from Texas, so we still have a bit of time before winter hits.

The 30NC will want fully seasoned wood to burn best. Wood doesn't dry well in rounds before splitting. Depending on the species the wood can take 1-2 yrs to dry after being split.

Nice install, off ground so no bending while loading. Love the ac next to the stove :) How cold does it get in Texas?

Hello everyone, we purchased our 30-NCH from Home Depot about a month ago and now it's all ready to keep us warm! Thanks to all the great talk on here about them, we are confident we made the right choice. We had a professional install it but after watching I'm sure we could of handled it ourself but the hubby wasn't confident. So happy to find this site and looking forward to coming here for any advice we may need!
One of the first stoves I had.A beast however for northeast Ohio it didn't burn longer than 6 hours irregardlous what you stoked it with.It has an insatiable appetite for wood.However in Texas it may be a panacea for you I'm hoping. Not diminishing your stove just sharing my experience with this particular unit.I had mine in 2002,one season and moved it on for a Morso,which I moved that on,and the list grows. Finally found my niche,sometimes these things happen. Good luck with it .

I have the NC30 too and it is a great bang for the buck stove. It will burn just as long as any other regular non-cat so don't be too worried and it will tolerate less than dry wood as well as any other non-cat. Being such a large stove you can really get some mojo out of it.

I can burn up a full firebox to dust in under 3 hours! at high output of course.

Great stove. There are plenty of threads here about operating the 30-NC that you can read. Get that wood split as soon as you can. Like Begreen said, rounds don't season very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.