Our Goal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
On 12-20-2009 we had burned about 1.22 cords plus started on the third rack so this year it looks like we will have burned less wood, pictures with an update on 12-22-2010.

Once we burn what is left in the racks inside we will have burned about .61 of a cord so far this year.

zap

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 397
Zap, my spreadsheet tells me that i've burned a lot less this fall, too. We'll see where we are at midpoint. I can't remember when that is, I'll have to dig up that thread.

What's that white stuff on the ground?

Flatbedford said:
What's that white stuff on the ground?

Flatbedford the picture is from 12-20-2009, just going to compare how much wood we burned last year on that date compared to this year on 12-20-2010 it should be less this year.

zap

If you are interested, you can look up (for free) last year's daily high and low temperatures on http://www.accuweather.com for each month. Go to your local forecast and click the month tab. Then change the year to 2009 in a drop down tab. It would be fairly easy to drop the actual temperatures into a spreadsheet and calculate a monthly or weekly average temp to compare last year vs this year.

If you want older historic info you have to subscribe.

CJRages said:
If you are interested, you can look up (for free) last year's daily high and low temperatures on http://www.accuweather.com for each month. Go to your local forecast and click the month tab. Then change the year to 2009 in a drop down tab. It would be fairly easy to drop the actual temperatures into a spreadsheet and calculate a monthly or weekly average temp to compare last year vs this year.

If you want older historic info you have to subscribe.

Thanks CJRages, I'll do that.

zap

This weather is killing me. :lol: I haven't even fired up the Oslo 6 times yet as the Morso is more than ehough to keep the house warm.

Good links above.

Heating degree days for my hometown are 366 so far this burning season. This is 286 below average as of today. (base of 65F)

I haven't figured out how much we've burned so far - kind of hard to figure a 40" pallet x 3' tall with tossed chunks. :roll: Over and above that, we have gone through one wood box that is about 3-1/2 x 4'. Somebody else can figure out our usage so far.

Shari

I'll figure out how much we have burned around May 1, 2011. So far though, not much.

Started burning about the middle of Sept., this year, and have gone through about 2/3 cord. Half of that was about 1/3 cord of Spruce from this past spring, the other half, oak. Seems like less than last year. I'd have to go through some old photos or threads to get info from last year. I'd like to use less than our usual 4 & 2/3 cord. I refuse to be cold, so I'll use whatever I need.
The weather we're having helps.
The really cold stuff is just around the corner, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.