Our new (used) stove up and running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VARedDirt

Oct 18, 2010
Central VA
Got our new stove up and running for a couple of weeks now and I'm loving it! It is definitely a trial and error process of learning how to best operate it, but I enjoy it. I have definitely learned a lot here on the forums! Just a run down on my operation, I get the stove going to about 400-500 after about 15 + minutes and then engage the cat, then the temp goes up to between 1000-1200. It is a Dutchwest large 2183, does this sound about right? Is that too Hot to run? How much can I turn down the dampers (Primary and Combuster) once the cat is engaged?? It really heats things up once the cat is rolling and the beauty is to see no smoke rolling out the chimney!

Attachments

• STOVE 007a.jpg
    STOVE 007a.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 170
I am unfamiliar with the stove so I can't talk about the operating temps, but I wanted to say Welcome to the forum and Nice looking install there.

Do you have 18" clearance to combustibles in front of that stove?

Can you add your stove make/model to your sig?

Shari

Yes, it does now, picture was taken when we first fired it up. Also the picture above stove is gone TV cab - gone as well as other stuff that was surrounding the stove! I take no chances! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.