Our Stove Shop's Business Has Come To A Screeching Halt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cozy heat said:
Sorry to hear. But everything is cyclical, so try and hang on for the up-swing.

You really meant left-up-swing didn`t you?? The downward "right-swing" doesn`t seem to have worked very well so far. :smirk:

Every person I talked to who sells anything had a bad october. I called the office phone with my cell a couple of times to make sure it was working it got so quiet. This month is picking up again, why couldn't it be quiet during hunting season?
Anyway, good to hear about the tdis, I have 110k on my 04 and I'm hoping to get another 80-90 out of it, before I need another.
Wood around here has been hard to get, lots of people rushing out and buying stoves, but also a lot of firewood comes from house lot clearing. And since the real estate market is dead, then the little loggers that sell firewood are doing those little cuts. The big loggers are moving to whole tree chips for bio mass and pellets since that market is real strong right now.
Personally I've never seen the advantage to spending 2k on a stove and another thousand a year on wood. But I'm cheap.
Most people seem be short sighted with frugality, its in now that energy is expensive, but if gas hits 1.50 people will go back to buying big trucks. Heck the big three made the Metro and Festiva in the early 90s but then gas got cheap again.

fossil said:
Oh GAWD, BG...don't even get this crew started on baby names! Ohhhh Noooo %-P Rick

I'm partial to Jotul Firelite Joustinghill....but i'm biased. H'bout Stihl 046 Joustinghill? :down:

If you lived in Alaska I figure the baby would be named something like Cord or Split or Face.

I am gonna close this one folks. I started it and it has gone way off into left and or right field.

Status
Not open for further replies.