Out goes the Heatilator. In goes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work! You are making some real progress!

Thanks for all the support. Just on the fence on whether or not to install an OAK. My response so far is about 50/50. Also running single wall or double wall from stove to Class A? Should I put in an outlet somewhere back there? Decisions decisions ! )

I'm thinking that I can take this last section of pipe off...what do the wise men think? Looks too tall to me

Attachments

• 20131117_082304.jpg
    20131117_082304.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 177
Getting a little anxious and decided to check the double wall fit and to my surprise it doesn't fit down in the stove. It's the same size....bummer

Attachments

• 20131118_220017.jpg
    20131118_220017.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 202
To all you seasoned burners, is this Century stove worth keeping or would you look at acquiring a more efficient model? She seems like she works well but I wonder if these newer stoves are that much better...what wood the wise men do?

I'm thinking that I can take this last section of pipe off...what do the wise men think? Looks too tall to me

What is the total length of the flue from stove to the chimney cap?

Sounds good, you are well covered for total length. If it is 2 ft over the adjacent roof ridgeline that should be tall enough.

PS: If you take your cellphone pics horizontally they won't need rotating. Otherwise you need to Preview them and rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.