Out & Up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Started the day stacking the pine we dropped then went back in to grab the hemlock,it took two loads with the old green truck. The best thing was I could drive the truck to the stacking area which made it quicker

The stacks are 16 feet long, attached are some pictures. Looks like with all the bigtooth aspen I c/s yesterday we should have close to 1.86 cords of shoulder season wood for next year.

gibir

Attachments

• 100_4438.jpg
    100_4438.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 644
  • 100_4439.jpg
    100_4439.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 651
  • 100_4440.jpg
    100_4440.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 638
  • 100_4441.jpg
    100_4441.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 628
  • 100_4442.jpg
    100_4442.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 630
  • 100_4443.jpg
    100_4443.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 653
got a little of the white stuff there zap. looks like fun. i got some wood to start cutting now as well. going to be a busy winter. i cant wait..

Great scenery Zap.I really like those 'labels' you added too ;-)

Eco, what type of wood are you cutting? This is the first Christmas for your little guy,have a great one.

Thistle, I'll need some help with a slogan for Smokin.

gibir

zapny said:
Eco, what type of wood are you cutting? This is the first Christmas for your little guy,have a great one.

gibir

Good pics Zap, have you heard that Gamma burns pine?

:eek:hh:

Ray

Nice work ZAP. Nice looking day for working out there. I will be out in the woods soon myself. Can't wait.

Nice pics again! every weekend more and more. You should make a movie. Be like alone in the wilderness, except you just cut up a sh$tload of wood.

Great pics zap. I hope you put sav to work when he was on top of that hill!

raybonz said:
zapny said:

gibir

Good pics Zap, have you heard that Gamma burns pine? I'm not sure but I thought that they also said something about hair on her knuckles, I gotta beleive I'll pay for this. zap

:eek:hh:

Ray

Gasifier, the hardest part of the day was getting the old gmc started but thats what happens when you only have 1/4 tank of gas plus the last time it was used was about two weeks ago.

Backwoods, if mother nature keeps up the good weather, this week will be an early Christmas present, more wood off the hill, not sure if it's possible but three more cord of good hardwood would be nice.

wishlist, we get up gunner hill then Sav pulls out his camera, same damn camera we have, what are the odds of that happening. I tried to sell him some t-post for the ends when stacking but I think he would rather split HORIZONTAL!

Zap

Zap, our forecast is not too bad but a bit wet. Rain, then snow then rain with temp up and down and all over the place. WE got to the mid 30's today but it felt colder. Hope to get another load cut tomorrow.

Nice touch with the lables Zap.

wishlist, we did not cut any wood while I was there but had plenty of it burning. Zap and his wife are the sort of neighbors almost everyone wishes they had. Great people they are. I even came away with a Zap hat!

zapny said:

gibir
cutting in the backyard. neighbors on both sides of me are having these oaks taken down and there getting stacked in my yard in log length. so i got lots to cut this winter and split. and yep the little guy is getting big. going to be fun this xmas.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 566
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 542
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 528
ecocavalier02 said:
zapny said:

gibir
cutting in the backyard. neighbors on both sides of me are having these oaks taken down and there getting stacked in my yard in log length. so i got lots to cut this winter and split. and yep the little guy is getting big. going to be fun this xmas.

That is great eco, can't get any better then that.

zap

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:
zapny said:

gibir

That is great eco, can't get any better then that.

zap
Its easy pickens that's for sure.

Zap, can't remember if you already answered this or not - have you burned my hemlock yet? I just dropped and bucked two good sized hemlocks for my neighbor and need to get the wood home and split/stack. I was thinking about making small shoulder season splits out of it. Cheers!

Zap, the labels are hilarious. But yeah you'll get yours. It always comes full circle.;)

Very nice Zap
Any fish in the creek ?

Very nice zap......
Yeah, your gonna pay for that comment.. :p

Good stuff zap! Love the labels!

wishlist, we get up gunner hill then Sav pulls out his camera, same damn camera we have what are the odds of that happening. I tried to sell him some t-post for the ends when stacking but I think he would rather split HORIZONTAL!

Zap[/quote]

You know what they say zap, " can't teach an old dog new tricks" :)

NH_Wood said:
Zap, can't remember if you already answered this or not - have you burned my hemlock yet? I just dropped and bucked two good sized hemlocks for my neighbor and need to get the wood home and split/stack. I was thinking about making small shoulder season splits out of it. Cheers!

Not yet on the Hemlock, but my neighbor use to burn it when his father cut wood, all the good wood went to the customers so the family received what was left.

zap

bogydave, some nice brook trout.

gamma ray, I'm sure I will. Just maybe this weekend you can be elevated to the tailgate, just need some ideas.

zap

Sure was Loon, the tailgate is reserved for only the BEST.

Fireant, I think the wording for the tailgate is finished for this coming weekend, round two starts.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.