Outdoor Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
g huns said:
Anyone ever heard of these guys? See anything that scares you? They are pretty close to me, and have a good warranty.

http://www.firemaxbioheat.com/whybuy.html

The part that bothers me most is the amount of wood OWB's consume. That's your work and time going up in smoke. Another problem is the smoke they generate. If the wind blows the wrong way you get smoked or the neighbor or the other neighbor. Other than that as OWB's go it appears to be a stable unit. I have a gasifier now but heated for about 18 years with a wood furnace because I couldn't bear to pay fuel oil prices. If I had had the gasifier when I started I would have only used about 9 years of wood in comparison. I didn't know about gasifiers when I went to wood heat. If only I had known. Even so I am not sorry I went to wood as it saved me hundreds annually. Now it's headed for the thousands...Cave2k

Status
Not open for further replies.