1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Outdoor Gassifier?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by lukem, Oct 14, 2012.

1. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Starting to seriously consider getting a boiler, but no room inside. Are there any outdoor models worth considering? Need about 150k BTU output, give or take, for DHW and heat via old baseboard currently heated by propane boiler.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. 711mhw

711mhw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western ME
  3. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    I have a shop already...guess i could put it in there.
  4. flyingcow

flyingcow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern-half of maine
    FWIW- i put my boiler next door in my 24x36 unattached garage. I built an insulated boiler room(8x12) in the back corner. Piped under ground to my house. I had to reclassify my garage as a "wood storage facility" to keep my ins co happy. Also, i have no code officer to please.

But Econoburn has a OWB gasser, or did have last yr? Portage and Main makes a OWB gasser.
  5. flyingcow

flyingcow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern-half of maine

generally speaking ins co do not like fossil fuel burners in active shops. Vapors/fumes run low on the floor and hit the open flame and go boom?