outdoor kitchen, pizza oven progress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironpony

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2010
mid-ohio via St.Croix USVI
built the pergola last year, 2x12 rough sawn rafters, 6x6 posts 10 foot tall 32x16 trapezoid. put the outdoor kitchen foundation in 2 weeks ago. poured concrete tops last week and stoned the front this weekend. the remaining exposed concrete is going to be stucco. the back is going to be cedar siding to match the pergola.size perspective, the pizza oven slab is 6 inch thick and 9 feet across the front.
do not like square things, my house is also a trapezoid, looks like the B-1 bomber from above.

P1010014.JPG P1010017.JPG

That is going to be badass!

Looking forward to seeing that work. Nice job so far.

Can I assume you don't have much frost heaving where you are to use concrete as countertops?

What size oven will it be when done?

yes we do have the potential for heaving , the footings are 3 feet deep and the countertop has 1/2 inch rebar tied in a 1 foot grid. also 5000 psi concrete mix.
I am looking at 42 inch inside diameter, if I figured right. Might get slighty smaller when I finalize my construction method. I am going to try castable refractory to keep it thinner. If I have to go brick it will probably be closer to 36-38 inches. I am looking into Heat Stop products for casting and insulation.

Nice. It sounds like you have a good plan in place. I always liked the look of concrete countertops. Castable dome should reduce some weight also.

Is the well in the counter top on the left for a sink or grill?

charcoal grill and the nook to the right will be a Char grill egg, going to build a concrete shelf and sit the egg in it. also the reason for 5000 psi concrete is so they can be polished.

Polished concrete does look nice. Looking forward to more pics as it progresses.

Nice work, hope your cooked goods look half as good as fp's;) Will you deliver to CT:p

I hope you make time to use it! Very nice.

Michigan, maybe. CT. out of delivery area but you are welcome to pick-up

Status
Not open for further replies.