Outdoor pizza oven

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

My_3_Girls

Burning Hunk
Aug 7, 2006
Massachusetts
I know it's a little early, but with my wood cut, new insert installed, and winter upon us, I need a project for the spring. Anyone ever try building an outdoor pizza oven? I anticipate that it would be somewhat like an old fashioned BBQ (60's and 70's) made out of brick. Something cheap, but good looking. Something part of or in addition to a fire pit. Let's hear it!

(I'm blaming this post on Craig, talking about Northhampton/Amherst Pizza)

My_3_Girls said:
I know it's a little early, but with my wood cut, new insert installed, and winter upon us, I need a project for the spring. Anyone ever try building an outdoor pizza oven? I anticipate that it would be somewhat like an old fashioned BBQ (60's and 70's) made out of brick. Something cheap, but good looking. Something part of or in addition to a fire pit. Let's hear it!

(I'm blaming this post on Craig, talking about Northhampton/Amherst Pizza)

all the info you need to cook

http://heatkit.com/html/bakeoven.htm

What I would like to see is something that had a bread/pizza oven as well as a barbecue grill.

Have yet to see it anywhere, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I've seen those Green Eggs, but never seen one at work. How well do they work as ovens? The smoker function would be a big plus.

I just wonder whether you can use your own wood and brush, or is it just charcoal?

For the oven, I would lean towards massive masonry oven. I worked in a historical park outside of Montreal 12 years ago; they had a stone fireplace/hearth with an oven behind the fire. You'd have a fire burning for about a day, let it burn out, and you'd be able to bake bread for a few days after the fire was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.