outdoor wood boiler blower fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie00

Mar 5, 2014
middleburg pa
Hello, new here. Weve had a mahoning outdoor furnace for about 5 years now. Never any major issues until last night. My husband went down to put wood in at 7:30 this morning and walked into the wood burner shed to find steam and water everywhere. The stove was overheating and temp was at 210. We shut everything down, put water in and got it up and running again. I just went down to check it and it was about 5-7 degrees above the set temp but the blower fan was still running. Could that be the issue?? The fan wont shut off? And why would it do that?

It's not your fan. It's whatever is controlling the fan, aquastat first comes to mind. Not being familiar with your boiler, I can't tell you where to look to find it. Sounds like the contacts are stuck in the on position.

It's not your fan. It's whatever is controlling the fan, aquastat first comes to mind. Not being familiar with your boiler, I can't tell you where to look to find it. Sounds like the contacts are stuck in the on position.

I do know where the aquastat is. How do I check to see if its stuck?

I do know where the aquastat is. How do I check to see if its stuck?
If your boiler temperature is above the setpoint and there is still power flowing through the switch then it is stuck. You need a meter to check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.