Outdoor wood boiler made for buring pallets 4' x 4'

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greythorn3

Minister of Fire
Oct 8, 2007
Alaska
wheelordie.com
is anyone making a outdoor boiler that is designed to slide a buncha 4 x 4 pallets into? so you dont gotta cut them up or nothing, just use a magnet to get the nails out later?

There would be a great use for one here, as everyone is trying to give pallets away, so as it is NOW the supply is great, but i hate processing them, i would like to just pick them up and shove them in the outdoor boiler if i had one.

i know once they invented it, there wouldnt be no more free pallets, so thats the down side.

Yeah. I spent about an hour cutting up a 4 foot tall stack converting into bite sizes for my boiler. That pallet wood is like cat nip to my boiler. I mix it in with the split stuff. I just scoop the ashes, nails, hinges, and whatever else and put it in the wheelbarrow to cool so all can be put in a trash bag for the dumpster.

That you in the avatar?

Tennman said:
Yeah. I spent about an hour cutting up a 4 foot tall stack converting into bite sizes for my boiler. That pallet wood is like cat nip to my boiler. I mix it in with the split stuff. I just scoop the ashes, nails, hinges, and whatever else and put it in the wheelbarrow to cool so all can be put in a trash bag for the dumpster.

That you in the avatar?

I hope that's not him, otherwise I've used his picture on my Facebook profile. :)

There are a few out there. Heatmor makes 1 as well.
15 - 20K should be close to the dealer price to you. Maybe an extra freight fee in Alaska?
Just a warning if you are supplying a large heatload it will be a full time job filling the thing as the wood will burn fast & a lot of heat will wind up going out the chimney as with all standard OWB's.
Lots of air space in a load of pallets that are not broken down = a very fast fire. One of the reasons ins co's dont want them stored against a building.

Status
Not open for further replies.