Outside Air Kit On Harman P61-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bookpile

Mar 27, 2010
Southeastern PA
Hi,

I have a pretty early P61-2 and I was would like to add an OAK to it before winter. Is there some sort of adapter I need to buy from Harman to do that? I don't see anything listed online, I remember having to buy a kit for my Accentra Insert. Sorry the stove is in a very tight spot so it's difficult to get back there and look, I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

Thanks,

Travis

If the air intake is the same as the P61a (most likely), all you need is a 3" flex pipe and a hose clamp. And you will also need a 3" air pass-thru for the wall.

The air intake is 2.75”, you can get an adapter to go to 3” or use a hose clamp/worm clamp and squeeze it on as well…I use a 3” cold air intake meant for a car/truck and it works well.

Reactions: ABusWrench
Thanks for the help, I'm going to go ahead and order a DT kit from Selkirk and it looks like it includes 3" fresh air hose.