outside air kit. Worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
north of 60 said:
My stove is in the basement below grade. I also have a heat trap before my direct connect to the stove. The outdoor air supply is located 2ft above ground above the snow line way above my stove.

Could you post a pic of this? I too have my stove below the outdoor grade and an thinking of installing an OAK this coming spring. I don't know if I can run it out the block wall and then 'up' through sch40 or sch80 pvc and would just like to see pics of what others have done.

oconnor said:
My favorite resource on all things wood heat, other than here, is this book from Natural Resources Canada and the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, "A Guide to Residential Wood Heating"
http://www.canren.gc.ca/app/filerepository/BIO-GuideToResidentialWoodHeating.pdf

This link must have proved popular because it no longer gets to the pdf. I had book marked it a while back and took some time to go and read it today... and the 'buggers's' is gone! I went to the site and tried searching the key words from the link and can not find this pdf. Would anyone happen to have a link to it's new home?

Status
Not open for further replies.