Outside Air Kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Aug 19, 2008
Seacoast Massachusetts
I have a Harman P38. After reading all of the thoughts on the OAK, and having the first real cold snap, Im thinking its a good idea.
I have visible gaps around some of the exterior doors of my house, and you can reeeealy feel the cold aif being sucked in. (as you can through the basement door, now if it would only pull the cold down from upstairs as well)
The stove is in the middle of the living/dining room. I dont want to mickey mouse anything, I want something where I can paint the pipe black and have a nice wall plate to cover the hole that Im going to blast in the wall.
Does anyone know of a fit, that includes everything from the stove to the outside of the house, with a decent exterior cap, as this is gonna be on the front of the house?

I also take hella winds fresh off the ocean and across the marsh, so its gonna get weather beat pretty hard, so I want something that is gonna block the windswept rain snow and crap from the east from coming in.

Ive seen the englander kit, but it doesnt mention plates on the inside to make it all pretty. I know Im going to have to paint just about anything I do, thats not an issue. Im not sure if Harman makes a kit.

if anyone has a product they can recommend, let me know
Thanks
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.