outside air on the Jotul 602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not designed for out side air. Maybe someone here has tried to fabricate something? I would recommend a passive set up any way, like the condar ASV-90. Direct hookups can sometimes create reverse draw, where the flue gas goes out the out side air kit and down the chimney instead of the other way arround. This can happen during start up on a poor drafting flue.

stovepipe? said:
anyone know, is there a way to set up an outside air supply for the jotul 602?

Stovepipe

Did you ever get the condar ASV-90?

there is retro kit from jotul now to put outside air on all there stoves

stoveguy13 said:
there is retro kit from jotul now to put outside air on all there stoves

Do you think the condar ASV-90 would be better?put it next to the stove in the wall.

they seem to work ok but if you want outside air for i would try and get an kit from breckwell. it will most likely do a better job if they stove is working fine i dont know why you would want to put another hole in the house just a personal opion.

stoveguy13 said:
they seem to work ok but if you want outside air for i would try and get an kit from breckwell. it will most likely do a better job if they stove is working fine i dont know why you would want to put another hole in the house just a personal opion.

My pellet stove sucks air from the bottom of the cellar door.if i put the seal on it,the pellet stove suffers a little.

I would like to know if it would work on are open fireplace up staires. i would like that fire to take from the vent(next to it) then the cracks in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.