Outside thimble pics anybody

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terryjd98

Jul 1, 2008
Ontario Canada
I was wondering if anybody could post some pics of how they finnish off the wall thimble on the Vinal Siding outside? I remember seeing some pics that looked good and did a search but can't find them now. I Finally got a hole through the 14 inch stone wall. Them old house walls made of the flat stone are a lot stronger then I would have thought. I started from the inside and worked my way out. Made it as far as the siding and decided to stop since we have been getting rain all weekend.
Anyways any pics of how you finnished of the thimble on the outside would be appericated.
Thanks

With vinyl siding you can do it the "right way" with J Channel or just keep your clearance to combustibles and put the thimble over the siding and use silicone. Sorry no pictures.

Eric

Here's mine. The J channel was not available locally in colors. Sealed with RTV silicone.

Attachments

• Pellet Pipe Outdoors.jpg
    Pellet Pipe Outdoors.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 977
Mine is the same as kt1i but I ran my outside air supply hose through the thimble as well instead of having a 2nd hole in the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.