outside wood boiler with air exchanger hookup question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver5528

Jun 24, 2008
Northern Maine
I have a woodmaster afs 900 and i am putting a air exchanger in the plentum of the hot air funace in my garage. How can i wire a second thermostat to run the fan only? The control panel in furnace has four terminals. Two for thermostat and two go to burner. If I need a control for this what would I use?

It's been over two years since I hooked up my boiler with an air exchanger. I went to a furnace shop and bought another relay transformer. The furnace guy showed me which wires of the transformer to hook into my furnace controls so I would not have any power back feed loops. My suggestion is to get the model of your furnace and go in to buy another thermostat relay transformer but talk to a service technician as he can tell you the power supply wires you need to connect to so that you only run your blower. Hopefully this will get you aimed in the right direction. Cave2k

Status
Not open for further replies.