Oval to round adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradH70

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2011
South West NH
I'm replacing my VC Resolute with an Enviro M55C insert. When I installed the Resolute, I lined the chimney with 6" rigid stainless down to the damper were I then needed to use a 10.35" x 4" ovalized flexible liner. Now that I am putting in a pellet stove, the connection to the stove is reduced to 4". I'm looking for an adaptor that will fit over the 10.35" x 4" ovalized flex and go down to the 4" diameter that I need for the pellet stove. I could try and force a 4" flexible liner inside of the ovalized flex liner, but I'm worried that the open end might get pinched and restrict the air flow.

Does anyone know were this kind of item can be found? I was able to find one, but it was $160 and it was also way to long. I have about 12" between were the vent comes out of the stove to were it would enter the ovalized flexible liner.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

certified106 Now that you've switched inserts, you may want to look at changing the liner again. The pellet stove you said has a 4" exhaust but the old insert was using a 6"' which is an oversize for your pellet stove. Using the 6" will probably diminish the efficiency of the pellet stove. I know that a couple of the on line advertisers offer up custom parts, you might try one of them, usually they ship for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.