Over filling the steamer, always a fun time.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA. Woodsman

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2007
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
It's been awhile since I've done this, maybe I was half out of it this morning or something, but I added water to the lattice top steamer we have on top of the stove and I guess I put too much water in it because in a short while one of our cats was standing on a landing looking at it, and I heard that all too familiar "sizzling" sound and sure enough he was slowly "over perculating" and the water was frying on the enamel stovetop <> :confused: So I get some paper towels and cups and soak up and scoop out some water so that he isn't too full and we're back in business. The other factor is since it so cold out the draft is very strong, much stronger than usual, so he got hot pretty quick, much quicker than normal so maybe I wasn't as dumb as I give myself credit for.....no, yes, I am......<> ;lol :p

Reactions: D8Chumley
PAWoodsman,

First of all, it is so refreshing to hear a stove called a 'he' when something goes awry. :)

Second of all, when you said...:
so maybe I wasn't as dumb as I give myself credit for.....no, yes, I am......<> ;lol :p

.............it seems you have answered you own question.

Glad we are here for you. :) :) :)

Reactions: PapaDave
PAWoodsman,

First of all, it is so refreshing to hear a stove called a 'he' when something goes awry. :)

Second of all, when you said...:

.............it seems you have answered you own question.

Glad we are here for you. :) :) :)

Yes, "he" is sometimes referred to as "big boy" as well as is my Bronco. The wife's Rav 4 is "the little girl".....

I'm assuming that your stove and car are girls, right? ;lol

;) You do know I was joshing you, right?

Actually, my stove and SUV are of the male orientation. :)

;) You do know I was joshing you, right?

Actually, my stove and SUV are of the male orientation. :)

100 % knew you were joshing.....kind of suprised that your"s are females though but I just assumed and you know what they say about assuming! :) ;lol

I did the same thing last year and it left a white mark on my beautiful Jotul. I wiped it and fretted with it until the white water stain was gone. My wife wants me committed.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
I did the same thing last year and it left a white mark on my beautiful Jotul. I wiped it and fretted with it until the white water stain was gone. My wife wants me committed.

;lol I know the feeling...:) I learned that if I use a wet paper towel and wipe it down when the stove is cold it goes away, but it's a little "nerve wracking" when it is overboiling and need I remind you that it is HOT water and HOT standing over the stove trying to stop it from leaking?!!! :p What fun!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.