I am freaked out right now. I loaded up six ash splits on a decent but not the biggest coal bed and left the door cracked to get things going with me sitting right in front of the unit. So by the time the stove hit 600 degrees stove top I had the air closed down 90%. Well it kept climbing and climbing until the magnet thermometer on the stove top was buried at 8?? turned off the light and a portion of the stove top was glowing now im really freaking out. I have read on here to open the door and let some cool room air cool the fire box so i did that with the fan on for about a minute, then I looked at my ss liner through my fireplace grate and its starting to glow red. So I shut the door and closed the air down and put a box fan on high blowing on the unit. I did hear that train sound in the liner so Im thinking aw chit I have a chimney fire going ( i did clean the liner spic and span prior to the heating season. So I go outside and I saw no glowing chimney cap or any glow of a fire in the chimney just pitch black sky line. So after about ten minutes of having a fan on and the air shut down all the steel glowing and ss liner glowing has gone away and the stove top is at 600 as I type. What do I do now before I have my next fire to make sure Im still in proper working order once thats determined I will never load the stove for an all night burn again, I will have a four split max and get what I get.