over heat setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjwme

Aug 19, 2008
northern maine
i currently have an add on new yorker wc-90 wood boiler. when i had my cellar floor poured i put radiant in the floor to use for over heat protection or for a dump zone. my question is what should the the aquastat be set at for over heat protection. right now it is set at 220 degrees. is that good? the reason i ask is that the radiant in the floor doesnt take a whole lot of heat out of the system because the is a mixing valve on the zone that only lets 90 degree water go inot the radiant. my contractor told me that is as hot as you want it going into the concrete floor. i was just trying to get a second opinion

thanks for the help and great site

bryan

I have the same dump zone idea for my solar system. Its not the temperature but how many btu's the floor can absorb. The size of the floor, length of tubing, insulation, etc will all matter. Hopefully, it would take time for the floor to get to 90 deg. In the meantime you have "dumped" a lot of btu's.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.