overhead floor joist pex install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barnartist

Minister of Fire
trying to remember the best way to uncoil the pexpipe and make the loops-I used to have a video on this and can't find it. I can't seem to find it on you tube either. I have done this before, just looking for a memery jog...

Also, the joist area I am preparing had fiberglass insulation in it that I cleared out (this was a modular home) the fiberglass has a foil layer instead of paper, and it was installed foil down, or facing the basement area. The print on the foil says to install toward living space, so my guess is it was installed wrong. Anyway, my thought was to reuse the stuff and flip it foil up toward the radiant pipeing. My last install I bought the foil bubble wrap and the floor heats well. Sound like a good idea?

Not sure how to uncoil, when I put it up I borrowed a uncoiling rig.
The insulation should be place paper/foil side towards the PEX.
Just finished this itchy job myself. Excited to see how much of a difference it makes?? Almost disappointed that it is warm this week and I'm not running the boiler.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.