Overheat loop Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huffdawg said:
Can you set up a overheat loop using baseboards that will function normally to heat a living space ?

Thanx Huff

This worked for me at my previous home: With hot boiler and circulator off, (thermostat not calling for heat) manually open flow check and see if you get thermosyphoning.

I think I might use staple up pex instead of baseboards in the suite above my shop. I was wanting to use this as an overheat loop as well. I see in the manual for my eko 40 ,that on the drawing it shows the overheat loop on the boiler circ.

Can I put a automag zone valve and 3 loop manifold controlled by a thermistat on the overheat loop? I want use this zone to heat my suite normally , not just an overheat loop. Is this possible or does the overheat loop have to be just an overheat loop?

Huff

Not thinking pex will work, just, flow will be very low or not at all. By the way over temp loops only work real well if there is a large TD between air and water.

Status
Not open for further replies.