overheating problem.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael taillon

Oct 16, 2009
nashua nh
you guys have been grat and answered every question and problem i have ever had.... but i seem to have another one. i have a 1991 whitfield renisance and i have had alot of problems with it but i have been able to fix most of them, i have recently replaced the motor and my newest problem is that my stove has 5 settings from low(1) to high(5). if i leave the stove on 3 the outside gets really hot to the touch and the stove shuts down. i do not have a fresh air line to the stove from outside but i am considering installing one if it will keep the stove cool enough to work like it used to. any ideas on why my stove is getting so hot?

Usually an over fire shutdown is caused by a faulty convection blower.

Even a blower that actually runs might not be running at speed resulting in a build up of temperature over time that will cause the over fire snap disc to open.

Another cause is a dirty heat exchanger or dirty blower fan or blockage of the convection air flow inlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.