owb?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdzracing

Sep 14, 2011
michigan
i'm building a owb out of propane tanks. just wondering where the return water should come back into the tank at? Also should i take the hot water off the top of the tank.

thanks for your input

rdzracing said:
i'm building a owb out of propane tanks. just wondering where the return water should come back into the tank at? Also should i take the hot water off the top of the tank.

thanks for your input

Odds are that if you are asking these basic questions, you need to do a LOT more research before even considering building an OWB.

I don't know where the in/out should be exactly, but I'd imagine cold on the bottom, hot at the top like an oil boiler. Are you planning on having anything for secondary combustion or is this going to be a smoke dragon?

Taking hot from the top & return to the bottom is the most eff way to plumb a boiler

Think the confusion maybe from the lack of description of your intended design

As typed it sounds like a barrel in barrel stove (not sure if thats what you want to build) as it would produce a lot of smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.