P.E. Fusion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

titan

Minister of Fire
Mar 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
aliant
Anybody have experience with a Fusion?I know they are a quality stove(using the super series firebox),local dealer has one on sale.I really like the contemporary look with the raised box over the wood storage below,and the stainless jacket as well.The door handle looks different than the super series stoves;just aesthetics I guess.The stove will heat a new 24'x24'cabin with loft.....just looking for opinions,thanks.

Attachments

• product_fusion.jpg
    product_fusion.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 536
  • lgfusionm.jpg
    lgfusionm.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 563
  • Fusion_home.jpg
    Fusion_home.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 572
It`s quite (modernistic) looking but rather attractive *if* it compliments the rest of the room and it`s furnishings.
Lets just say it`s definitely a personal thing , especially since it is built around a time tested system.

While I'm sure it will be an effective stove since it is a PE super box, I find it, er, unpretty in photos. Like burning wood in a microwave or something. No substantial plate, cast, or stone. It reminds me of those old wood heaters that look like a chest freezer. If you must, be sure to get the stainless one IMO.

What's important is that you like the style. You'll be looking at it often.

Agreed,it wouldn't fit in a victorian home.It's like the HAL-3000 of woodstoves....What's that?...you need more wood HAL?.....I'm on it!
Now,I'm no Trekkie, but I'm imagining the storage space at the bottom is a replicator,replicating seasoned exotic hardwoods as needed.

Frankly, I think it's a hell of a lot better looking than all those bogus 'antique' designs and the many nearly identical boxes with the dopey gold or nickel trim that are so prevalent these days.

The only prettier stoves I know of are some of the Europeans... at least they have a sense of style, though it comes at a price.

"You can have any color you want... so long as it's black."

Peter B.

-----

Almost bought one.... might still! I like the practical features (the storage box is small but makes sense). The height is taller and easier to load than most stoves. And the low-glare glass really makes the fire stand out.

I asked my wife what our house *style* was -- she said contemporary. I showed her the picture of the Fusion and she thought it looked great and would fit in really nice with our 10 year 1.5 storey country home with all our modern setup.

On another note -- we're still struggling with what stove to buy. With 18 acres (or so) of softwood on PEI, Canada a Blaze King would logically fit (our home is .25 km from the Atlantic Ocean). But, I know for a fact the Fusion would heat our home and there's a lot to be said for style.... we're still considering soapstone, Oslo, and T5.

Cheers

Titan said:
Now,I'm no Trekkie, but I'm imagining the storage space at the bottom is a replicator,replicating seasoned exotic hardwoods as needed.

"Beam down five Dilithium splits for the night burn Scotty."

Now that would sell a boat load of stoves!

I also think it would be a great looking stove in the right decor, I have the 'Pacific Insert' (same firebox) and it heats our 1800 sq.ft. home beautifully. If you like the looks you will love the performance, oh BTW it will not burn overnight like they advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.