P20 cadet convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lovemystove

Jan 15, 2017
wa.
hi,i have a p20 cadet pellet stove that i am going thru and when it came to pulling convection blower and fan out thats where the problems started does this convection motor and fan assy. even come out in one piece.

Wow a real old timer. Have no idea as I can't get a manual without paying $10
Welcome, hopefully someone here may know but I have not seen any questions on one in the years I have been here

what is so annoying is i can see the fan blades from inside stove when i pull off one of the clean out plates and i can pull the on the motor and it will come out about 1/4" than stop, will keep trying it could just be such a tight fit that is making it hard to come out.
the burn pot crumbled in the bottom so had to make a piece with holes in it to get air to burn pellets

i went and had my son look at convection blower setup and it appears that the fan blowing into air passages was put on before stove was completely made or that is what it looks like,also found one temperature sensors was broken.

i called the factory and they told me there are low temp. sensors and high temp. sensors,low temp. are 100 degrees and high temp. are 300degrees.
one low temp. sensor was broken and i found out that i overlooked 2 bolts on where convection blower is bolted to stove will see if i unbolt those 2 maybe that will let it come out as 1 unit,all the cleaning will not be a total loss it needed to be done.
also will redo burn pot repair i did so holes will be more centered.
will need to shim up door latch to get door to seal better.

well i got blower off and found out one reason fan did not spin well some blades electric were bent,put new sensor on but it has only 2 connections which is confusing does the power wire go on first then go out to item to be powered or visa/versa.
to say color coded wire is a joke is putting it mildly marked 120 volt wires but still have not got it straight in my mind yet which wire goes where first
wiring diagram not that clear.
will i get lucky and one of the posters may have run into this before,thank,s
if i were rich instead of good looking i would not have this problem.