P35i Problem (no ignition/lazy fire after cleaning) and solution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmsm

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
South of Boston MA
Last year after a cleaning my P35i would not ignite so I started it manually with the blow torch and observed a very lazy fire to the left and right and none in the center. The pellets were spilling over the burnpot in the center despite turning the feed rate way down.

After shutting the stove down and letting it cool I retraced all lof my cleaning steps and found that the right side vent plate (for lack of a better word) was off by the smallest of margins. Once I aligned it properly the stove was back to working perfectly.

My stove was professionally cleaned over the summer and I had fired it up twice to take the chill out over the past few weeks. It had been working perfectly! Fast forward to today, after firing up (this time it did ignite) I noticed the middle and right side flame was very lazy and the burnpot was very full of pellets. After shutting down and cooling I found the same issue with the right vent plate, a 10 second adjustment to realign and we're back in business! I figure that the plate must have been ever so loose after the summer cleaning and vibration caused it to reposition.

I hope this helps any other P35i owners if they ever experience the same issue.

I never heard of that problem but thanks for the heads up.

Eric

Hmmmm im not biting....u sure the ash pan was properly closed? Those baffles are all interior, failire on ignition requires an input air leak....by which there are only four openings, hopper, fines box, ash pan and door.
It was the right side metal panel that had come loose. There are 2 one on each side that are secured by wing nuts. The reason I am positive that's what it is is that once fitted back properly and secured the stove runs perfect! And I know you know which wing nuts I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.