p38 burnpot holes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogilvy

Nov 30, 2011
New Brunswick
I've seen previous comments about users plugging up the holes in their burn pots that are down by the auger tip. Any description around or offered to help determine whether or not someone (me) would need to plug the lower holes? Just looked at my burnpot after cleaning, using a mirror i can see 4 rows of holes (rows are left to right). Do the newer designs have only 3 rows or did the initial burn pots have 5?

my p38 is around 6 years old.....

thanks,

Ogilvy said:
I've seen previous comments about users plugging up the holes in their burn pots that are down by the auger tip. Any description around or offered to help determine whether or not someone (me) would need to plug the lower holes? Just looked at my burnpot after cleaning, using a mirror i can see 4 rows of holes (rows are left to right). Do the newer designs have only 3 rows or did the initial burn pots have 5?

my p38 is around 6 years old.....

thanks,

the holes mentioned are the holes, IF THEY EXIST, right down by the auger tip......NOT the regualr holes right up by the other end of the burn plate..........yours being 6, I think it predates the holes down by the auger tip......

Status
Not open for further replies.