P43 air leak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
Am doing my pre season checkup on my P43. Had alot of discoloring of the glass so I decided to change the door gasket. Got to thinking....Is my air leak between the glass and that gasket? Anyone had this gasket start to leak. Since its pretty much permanent...ie doesn't get the movement that the door gasket has, I would assume its ok. But???? Any thoughts?

Grab a gas/charcoal grill lighter. With the stove running bring the flame of the lighter along the seam of the glass and the bezel/door frame, if there is a leak the flame will get sucked in where the leak exists.. Same for the door gaskets, to include the ash pan door.. If there is no leak the flame will just be constant and not try to be sucked in.

Also keep in mind that lower burns tend to muck up the glass sooner than good hot burns of mid winter.

Reactions: Lake Girl
I must say that I do like sandlewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.