P43 corner install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrd1990zr1

Sep 13, 2010
Duanesburg, NY
Bought the P43 and going to make my own stove board for the floor. My question is for a corner installation what distance from the corner to the back of the hopper to allow sufficient room for possible future maintenance?

Should I allow a foot or more? Suggestions or dimensions of other corner installations are appreciated.

Thanks

Looking at your installation manual the minimum distance is 9" with/without the heat shields.
We have the heat shields and also a corner install. It looks like it is 9" with the shields and 13" without.
We installed with 9" clearance and I do have a little bit of a hard time cleaning the distribution blower etc.
Our living room is 12' X 12' so did not have alot of extra room.

So, if you have the room and it looks OK, I would allow some extra room for cleaning/maintenance.

Hope this helps!
Enjoy your stove! I do not regret buying a Harman!!
I attended a free seminar put on by Harman and will post the link to the key points I picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.