P43 driving me crazy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
Has a power outage a few days ago. I have an OAK, so I just let the stove go out. No biggie. The weather was getting warmer so I decided to use the heat pump for a couple of days. Decided that would be a good time to clean the stove. I had done a thorough cleaning about 2 weeks prior. So I do the regular stuff....start it back up...and the burn pot fills and overflows, but doesn't light. Hmmm. Empty the burnpot, check the holes...try again...same thing. Pull the ignitor and thoroughly clean (not really bad tho). Try again. Lights, but struggles and filled the stove with smoke before it burst into flames. Lazy burn. Shut down, rechecked my fresh air and vent.......same thing.
Is it possible that when the power came on...it somehow damaged the combustion fan and its not pulling well.???? I also checked door/ash pan/hopper gaskets and all are ok.
Bought stove new..this is the third season.....When in "test mode" all systems seem to operate normally.
Im completely stumped.
BTW.....Fines box was not opened on this cleaning. Was cleaned about 2 weeks ago and operated normally after.
Im sure Im missing something....just cant figure out what!

Board? Was the stove on surge suppressor as recommended?

Sounds more ESP related. Faulty ESP reading would tell the stove it's blazing hot, need more pellets. Lazy burn is a bit more of a puzzle. Recheck the fines compartment and make sure the door is properly seated and tight.

You stated you cleaned the stove but nothing of the venting system. Sounds like something is choking the stove, either the venting or stuck intake air flapper. Three years on gaskets not worrying IMO. Try as 007 posted as well.

Reactions: Delta-T
May have found the culprit.....but seems not to be related to the cleaning. My wife...who has better hearing than I do said she could hear a slight hiss at the rear of the hopper lid. Gasket appeared good......no divots from trapped pellets.....so I temporarily stuck a piece of foam gasket along the hinge side, on top of the gasket that was there. Fire it up...lit easily, been burning since noon......nice flame, clean glass. Im clueless....... Guess its time for new hopper lid gaskets.....

Second one this week! The other was the hopper extention leaking. No whispering anything with your wife about:)

Status
Not open for further replies.