P43 install- do I need a T w/cap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scajjr2

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2010
Kingston, NH
Installing my P43 this weekend and have a question on the piping. The Harman install PDF just shows a 90 degree coming off the the back of the stove. When I was over at my local hardware place pricing pipe (East Coast Lumber, East Hampstead, NH) the guy there said I needed a T w/cap off the back for cleaning. Is he correct?
Stove will be going into existing masonry chimney (has a clay tile liner).

Sam

They say a t with a cap is a little better then a 90. It has more area for an ash trap, but it's also another place to try and seal for possible smoke leaks. I used a 90 on mine, but mine is also easy to remove mine for routine cleaning. Hope this helps. Welcome to the Harman club, your gonna love it...

The P43 is replacing a wood stove (and it's not going to be in a corner) so the back will be in easy reach.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.