P43 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelletfisky

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern Pennsylvania
I had my p43 on Stove mode medium heat all night with no issues. This am I awoke for work to find a small ash build up but a roaring fire with the burn pot filled to the edge with pellets! It was 83 in the downstairs and 27 outside. I usually have a constant feed with a medium fire with warm heat flow. What would cause the pellets to feed so much all of a sudden?

My house would easily get to 83 when it's 27 outside if I leave it in stove temp at mid setting overnight.

...but your burn pot shouldn't be overflowing like that. I would clean the stove (but especially the ESP), and then set the feed rate as per the manual and try again.

well, in stove mode the unit keeps a constant exhaust temp, it doesnt really care what the outside temp is.......I'd say check the ESP probe and make sure it isnt dirty.....otherwise, do a manual reset and see if it changes, also noting any status light messages....then repost.....

Lousyweather said:
well, in stove mode the unit keeps a constant exhaust temp, it doesnt really care what the outside temp is.......I'd say check the ESP probe and make sure it isnt dirty.....otherwise, do a manual reset and see if it changes, also noting any status light messages....then repost.....

Sounds like a pretty solid plan.

This is advice I would give.

Status
Not open for further replies.