P43 wont stay lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
Bought a P43 last year. No problems. This year it keeps going out. Usually run in "room temp" mode. Last week I returned home several times to find the stove out.....code6 flashing. Hopper was full.. no bridging....pellets at the end of the auger...no fire. Reset and stove would start right up. THEN...stove would not restart at all.....pellets would feed a little....ignitor would not come on. Changed the control board....changed the thermostat......changed the pressure switch. Finally bypassed the hopper lid switch, and everything was back to normal. Worked great for 4 days. Now it just randomly stops feeding pellets..and goes out. Im lost. Any help appreciated. Forgot to mention...replaced the ESP too.

And a 6 blink codes is what? Incomplete combustion?

Sounds like a really good cleaning might be in your immediate future. And it could be a really messy one at that.

A 6 blink status is a blocked exhaust path of some kind or the the stove senses no draft. Time to tear it it apart and find the culprit.

I'll certainly try a good cleaning.....but Im pretty religious about keeping things clean. I usually leaf blower/clean every 2 weeks. Did a thorough cleaning before heating season...probably only burned 15 bags since then.

Fines box cover plate not sealed, cross ovee air hoise has fallen off one of the ports or the hopper gasket leaking are common things that cause this

Good thoughts. I know the cross overe hose is ok. Havent checked the seal on the fines box. Hopper gasket seems tight.

I'll certainly try a good cleaning.....but Im pretty religious about keeping things clean. I usually leaf blower/clean every 2 weeks. Did a thorough cleaning before heating season...probably only burned 15 bags since then.

Supposedly it`s the same as a P-38 , one of the simplest stoves to clean with the exhaust going right out behind the ash bin where you can see right out into the connecting pipe. Check the exhaust fan blades . I see no need for a leaf blower with this stove.

Checked the fines box......cover seems tight!

Loose door gasket? My auction stove was a bit loose so I toke a pliers and gently pinched it all the way around and solved my intermittant vac issue when I first was first trying to fire. New gasket on list of things to replace but is running good, its in the garage so not high priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.