P61A Exhaust question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyPellets

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2012
Delaware
Last year was the first for the P61A. Due to a restriction going straight out(stove is corner install and existing chimney outside prevented straight out) I used 4" pipe. It has a couple 45's and elbows and then exits the house. After it exited I had it going up about 5Ft with an elbow on it and the termination hood. I was amazed how clean the pipe was after a full season. I never touched it and burned over 4 tons. I am starring at it and wondering when it comes out of the house why not just put the termination hood on it and forget the rest of mess going up. It is on a battery backup so I am not worried about power outages. Do you suppose I was getting that much natural draft by just going up 5ft. Putting it back the way it was last year does not bother me except 4" is big and ugly and I hate that fat bracket stuck on the side of the house that supports it.

With all those bends, I would keep the 5' vertical pipe, given how clean the venting was after burning last season, but that's just me - if it ain't broke I wouldn't try to fix it.

Reactions: bogieb
^^ Ditto

Status
Not open for further replies.