P61A toggle switch broke off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet_Pete

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2014
Franklin County, MA
Title says it all. The little toggle doo-hickey broke clean off. It just doesn't seem worth it to buy a whole new control board for such a minor detail, especially since I run my stoves strictly on MANUAL. Any suggestions? I'll swing by Radio Shack to see if the toggle itself is a standard part, but I'm not sure I'm up to learning how to solder at the nano-scale!

Well, the "Shack" had a similar two-way toggle for under $5, but it had fins instead of posts so it wasn't going to be an exact switcheroo. This made me uneasy, especially since I've never soldered anything. Any guidance on where to get the exact circuit component would be appreciated.

I've now watched a few youtube's on how to solder, and I think I'm up to the task...especially if it saves me a chunk of change! (going rate for a new control board is ~$235!). Luckily this is for my downstairs stove, which I typically don't need to light until the ground gets good and frozen and nights get into the single digits.

Well, the "Shack" had a similar two-way toggle for under $5, but it had fins instead of posts so it wasn't going to be an exact switcheroo. This made me uneasy, especially since I've never soldered anything. Any guidance on where to get the exact circuit component would be appreciated.

I've now watched a few youtube's on how to solder, and I think I'm up to the task...especially if it saves me a chunk of change! (going rate for a new control board is ~$235!). Luckily this is for my downstairs stove, which I typically don't need to light until the ground gets good and frozen and nights get into the single digits.
Well before you ruin something,shall leave you a link to call tomorrow.If you think 235 is expensive to heat your house you should buy a wood stove,non cat.This place has a good rep.http://www.pelletblowers.com/index.html

Let someone else get the right part and solder in as Bob suggests. May be a lot less grief and expensive. Probably better if they can run a diagnostic and make the board better than new. Its still off season yet so turn around should be good if they have the switch.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see about sending it out for fixing. Yet again, the forum saves me from making a regrettable mistake!

Hello

I wrote the #s down on the switch
200A
WCMSP1
0.4VA MAX
on the side
B

Here are a couple of pics
Click to Enlarge:

Attachments

• HarmanTogle (1).JPG
    HarmanTogle (1).JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 113
  • HarmanTogle (2).JPG
    HarmanTogle (2).JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 105
Hello

I wrote the #s down on the switch
200A
WCMSP1
0.4VA MAX
on the side
B

Here are a couple of pics
Click to Enlarge:

Thanks for this. My component only says "0.4VA MAX". And now I can see that it was the pink plastic "collar" which cracked off and now cannot hold the metal toggle.

PM me - full rework station available so no damage to the PWB (it's not a pcb)
Part should be <$10 with shipping and would take about five minutes to solder in.

Status
Not open for further replies.