P68 corner mount clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bas157

Oct 1, 2012
Near Limerick, PA
I'm going to be building my hearth pad tomorrow for a P68 getting installed next friday.
It is going to be corner mounted and Harman says there should be 13" from the back corner of the firebox part of the stove to the wall. The corner has hot water baseboard heaters running on both walls. The baseboards stick out 3" from the wall.
Do you think its OK to have 10" from the back corner of the firebox to the edge of the baseboard heaters, giving me 13" to the walls or should I have 13" to the edge of the baseboard? I'm thinking 10" would be OK since the baseboard gets hot when the heat it on so it obviously can handle heat, just wasn't sure how much heat they are designed to operate with and how much heat will radiate from the stove.
Any opinions or thoughts?

Thanks
Bruce

I'm sure there is some kind of rule or law against it. Even though it seems like it would be totally fine.

Doesn't the 13" clearance consider the back vent ? It's not just about the clearance to the stove itself - but its that clearance that allows the proper clearance to the back exhaust as well. Or at least the way I look at it.

The clearance is 13" measured perpendicularly from the wall to the rear corners of the firebox. 9" if you are using heat shields. I would strongly recommend you maintain 13" inches if you want to be able to service anything on the rear of your stove. Even at 13", it's a tight fit back there.

Should be fine. just tight. Baseboard heat is non-combustible. I will just be a pain to work on.

13" is Clearance to Combustibles.

Baseboard should be non combustible. Wall is a combustible.

Like Rick and P38 said above, just be a little tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.