P68 Flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdaoust

Nov 28, 2012
Western, MA
Running P68 on stove temp mode setting 5 and feed rate 4. Blower dial is in the middle. Does this flame look normal? It splits and leans forward a bit.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364350211531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364350211531.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 99
Your burn pot may need a good scraping or one or two of the holes in the pot are plugged not allowing air into that part of the fire burn

X2. Scrape burn pot and give it couple of taps with the scraper and knock those holes free of ash.

Also clean around the igniter. This is the path of the combustion air. If it is blocked it could cause a lazy flame.

Eric

your stove may also be a portal into another dimension....classic fire demon intrusion if you ask me...see the fingers?

Ya I thought the flame looked like a demon also. Or a very devlishish pair of rabbit ears!!! lol

I keep the stove pretty clean. I turned up the temperature and the flame looked better.

Status
Not open for further replies.