P68 Harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geochurchi

Nov 13, 2012
Hi All,my P68 stopped ,I turned the dial to off and back on and fan started and stopped immediately only after I unplugged it and plugged back in did it start an is running now.
Any thoughts?
Geo

Seems to me that the stove was set to room temp mode and the room temp was satisfied and not requiring any heat. I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: Big papa
You are all absolutely correct,I must of had a brain cramp or to much turkey,it stopped again and I raised the setpoint and it came on.
Thanks
Geo
If you would rather the stove not shut down you could change the setting to room temp manual by switching off the igniter switch.. Then you will have fire 24/7 guided by the room temp probe. Some people don't like it shutting down all the time.

FWIW, it's all written in your manual.

If you would rather the stove not shut down you could change the setting to room temp manual by switching off the igniter switch.. Then you will have fire 24/7 guided by the room temp probe. Some people don't like it shutting down all the time.

FWIW, it's all written in your manual.
Downside of this is if it gets warm enough where the stove WOULD have shut down the inside temp goes higher than you might like due to the maintenance burn. In the dead of winter this may not be a problem for you as the stove might never normally shut down. In my going on six years with my Harman I've settled on room temp auto. To me, I'd rather cycle the stove and not have to cycle my clothes. Some say that this wears the igniter but in that time I've only replaced one. My preference may not be yours so . . . . .

Downside of this is if it gets warm enough where the stove WOULD have shut down the inside temp goes higher than you might like due to the maintenance burn. In the dead of winter this may not be a problem for you as the stove might never normally shut down. In my going on six years with my Harman I've settled on room temp auto. To me, I'd rather cycle the stove and not have to cycle my clothes. Some say that this wears the igniter but in that time I've only replaced one. My preference may not be yours so . . . . .

I'm in F4jock's camp and use room temp mode. Saves pellets and doesn't get the basement to 80 degrees (which on warmish days it could in stove temp mode). I installed the stove last February, so isn't very and haven't had to replace any parts yet. I did run it in stove temp mode during really cold days last year just to get the upstairs to a bearable temp, cut now that I have installed another stove on the main floor, I don't need the excess heat.

I'm in F4jock's camp and use room temp mode. Saves pellets and doesn't get the basement to 80 degrees (which on warmish days it could in stove temp mode). I installed the stove last February, so isn't very and haven't had to replace any parts yet. I did run it in stove temp mode during really cold days last year just to get the upstairs to a bearable temp, cut now that I have installed another stove on the main floor, I don't need the excess heat.
Another thing I like about room temp mode is that, as it just did, the distribution blower shuts down when temp is reached. Quieter and saves a bit of electricity too.

Just my 2 cents but on my stove room temp manual holds the temp more accurately keeps the set temp at exactly where I set it. I will only use stove temp in the coldest months

Reactions: F4jock
Status
Not open for further replies.