PA Pellets, Anyone heard of them??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn Angell

Nov 25, 2008
Scarborough, ME
Doing a little research with the local pellet suppliers in my area. Stopped by one supplier and said he was doing prebuy orders with this brand-
PA pellets
Premium Hardwood Blend
Ash <1%
Fines <0.5%
Sodium < 300%
Manufactored out of Ulysses, PA
Member of the Pellet Fuels Inst.
PA Pellets LLC.

Anybody have any information on this pellet

I have burned PA Pellets and my brother-n-law bought a ton and he likes them. I didn't have any issues way better than Pennington and Instant Heat which were the two of the many brands I tried to burn this year. I would buy them as my second or third choice or even the first choice if the price was right! Hope that helps.

Was a place near me that had them last year for 230 a ton, way to many fines in the bags and long pellets to boot. Friend burned a ton this season and does not care for them. Dirty glass on any lower setting other than high.

I just burned 4 ton in my Accentra insert. Good heat ,no clinkers but a LOT of dust in the bags. I dump into a large crock and I got a cloud from each bag.
I just got 4 ton of lignetics for next year. Had enough of PA pellets.

LOts of dust and some long peletts which jammed up in the feeder chute several times this winter. More ash then the Armstongs I burned last year. Im not impressed.

russr said:
I just burned 4 ton in my Accentra insert. Good heat ,no clinkers but a LOT of dust in the bags. I dump into a large crock and I got a cloud from each bag.
I just got 4 ton of lignetics for next year. Had enough of PA pellets.

where did you get the lignetics and how much if i may ask...?

Maine Priority said:
Doing a little research with the local pellet suppliers in my area. Stopped by one supplier and said he was doing prebuy orders with this brand-
PA pellets
Premium Hardwood Blend
Ash <1%
Fines <0.5%
Sodium < 300%
PA Pellets LLC.

I've burned 8.3 tons of these in my Harman PB105 boiler this past year, I have 5 more ton left to burn. I would buy more IF I could get them again for $199.00 per ton.

Maine Priority said:
PA pellets
Premium Hardwood Blend
Ash <1%
Fines <0.5%
Sodium < 300%
PA Pellets LLC.

I'm not a big fan of PA Pellets, they were the dirtiest pellets I've ever burned and the heat output wasn't all that great either.
It's possible that I got got a bad ton of them, but I wouldn't buy them again.
Buy Barefoots, always a consistent quality pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.