PA pellets for 169 a ton would you buy???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit ashy and a few long pellets in the lot. But the heat was decent. The price is one of the lowest I have heard so far this (almost)spring.

Yep, I'd grab some!

I think i will try them for the last part of this winter. At 169 a ton how can i go wrong. He was at 199 then 189 and i called him and he said if i buy 3 ton he would give them to me for 169 a ton. so i think i will...

Keep us posted on you like them and how they burn for you? I think you will be fine with them. Price sure is right!

woodsman23 said:
I think i will try them for the last part of this winter. At 169 a ton how can i go wrong. He was at 199 then 189 and i called him and he said if i buy 3 ton he would give them to me for 169 a ton. so i think i will...

Can you buy a few bags to test burn first?

Here in northern Ct a month ago a store actually called "The Growth company" was selling pellets for $225 i called them and they said they were PA Pellets, i drove the extra mile to Squiers for $219 Okanagans

woodsman23 said:
I am leaning towards buying a couple tons for the shoulder season and at 169 a ton can i go wrong??? would you buy them..

I wouldn't buy them if they were $100 a ton.

Low BTU and dirty as hell.

They are in olean ny, and mac i did burn a couple bags from a friend and they were okay, not something to use during the coldest months but for 169 you almost have too...

woodsman23 said:
They are in olean ny, and mac i did burn a couple bags from a friend and they were okay, not something to use during the coldest months but for 169 you almost have too...

Considering what pellet prices were last year, you've probably saved enough with that price to buy 3 tons for last years 2 ton price. If the stove seems to burn them ok, then I say get 'em, and turn the heat setting up!

I burned them ,dirty but they are heat .
I certainly would buy them at that price .
Heck , I couldn't believe I saw a store here this week selling LG for $350/ton !
Robbery !
Wouldn't think there would be many takers there.

Pellet-King said:
Here in northern Ct a month ago a store actually called "The Growth company" was selling pellets for $225 i called them and they said they were PA Pellets, i drove the extra mile to Squiers for $219 Okanagans

Okies for $219 ?? wow.....

geek said:
Pellet-King said:

Okies for $219 ?? wow.....

As of yesterday they were still at the "new" price of $239 a ton. Been that way for a couple weeks now. Still a damn good price in my opinion.

Well i did not buy the PA's at 169 a ton i settled for 3 tons of american wood fibers at 189.00 a ton at tractor supply in olean ny. The pa's just seemed to dirty and man there were pellets over 3" long in them bags.. I like AWF's and at 189 a ton it was a no brainer, they have 18 ton left going fast at 189 for anyone in the area.

woodsman23 said:
I am leaning towards buying a couple tons for the shoulder season and at 169 a ton can i go wrong??? would you buy them..

For $169 a ton, I'd buy it even with 2% ash! Just to spite the mills making a killing on us.

woodsman23 said:
Well i did not buy the PA's at 169 a ton i settled for 3 tons of american wood fibers at 189.00 a ton at tractor supply in olean ny. The pa's just seemed to dirty and man there were pellets over 3" long in them bags.. I like AWF's and at 189 a ton it was a no brainer, they have 18 ton left going fast at 189 for anyone in the area.

Not a bad price for the AWF pellets either. I liked them too. Good heat and low ash with my test burn.

Heck of a deal!

AWF = Instantheat's? strange how my instantheats say...made from american wood fibers and there located in western northern PA.

American wood fibers for $189/ton!!! You can't go wrong. These are one of my favorites.
Yesterday I bought a ton of AWF at TSC in Lockport for $229. If I see them for $189, I'm going to grab 4 tons for next year.

ken3698 said:
American wood fibers for $189/ton!!! You can't go wrong. These are one of my favorites.
Yesterday I bought a ton of AWF at TSC in Lockport for $229. If I see them for $189, I'm going to grab 4 tons for next year.

Go to olean and get em, kind of a far drive for ya... the one in springville i think has them for 212 a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.