1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    Has anyone used PA pellets brand and can you tell me if they are a decent pellet.

Thanks Jim

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I tried a few bags last year and didn't find them to be on par with many other brands I burned. They produced far more ash, and weren't as hot. It's possible I had a bad batch so hopefully another person on this forum can share their experience.
  3. freebird77

freebird77 Feeling the Heat

Have Pa. pellets for this years heat, but havent used any yet. Ill keep you posted later on
  4. CygnusX1

CygnusX1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    PA Pellets are by far the worst pellet I have ever used. Low heat output and TONS of ash!

Proof that just because it says "Premium" on the bag, it doesn't mean it actually is.

I bought a ton last year to try them out. Big mistake!
  5. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    I agree, junk...I have a bag left from my test last year that I use as a starter. I throw a hand fully of pellets in the burn pot after I clean it and the stove takes right off. The pellets I am currently using are hard or something and it takes a while for the stove to fire by them self...

PA pellets= junk IMO
  6. freebird77

freebird77 Feeling the Heat

Great! Thata what my dealer had this year and I bought 5 tons of them.
  7. imacman

imacman Guest

Sorry to hear that....a painful ($$) lesson that you must do your research before buying things like pellets that can vary so much depending on the manufacturer.
  8. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    I also have a friend that bought some. A dealer here has them for 249.. a ton. I will stay away. DRY CREEK all the way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.