PA. Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a few bags last year and didn't find them to be on par with many other brands I burned. They produced far more ash, and weren't as hot. It's possible I had a bad batch so hopefully another person on this forum can share their experience.

PA Pellets are by far the worst pellet I have ever used. Low heat output and TONS of ash!

Proof that just because it says "Premium" on the bag, it doesn't mean it actually is.

I bought a ton last year to try them out. Big mistake!

I agree, junk...I have a bag left from my test last year that I use as a starter. I throw a hand fully of pellets in the burn pot after I clean it and the stove takes right off. The pellets I am currently using are hard or something and it takes a while for the stove to fire by them self...

PA pellets= junk IMO

freebird77 said:
Great! Thata what my dealer had this year and I bought 5 tons of them.

Sorry to hear that....a painful ($$) lesson that you must do your research before buying things like pellets that can vary so much depending on the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.