PA pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
Has anbody used them and what do they think of them? 259 a ton in upstate ny

bkfc255 said:
Has anbody used them and what do they think of them? 259 a ton in upstate ny

They have to be the dirtiest pellets I've ever used. Low heat output and very ashy. You'll regret ever buying them.

We burned 5 tons last winter I found them to be ashy but heat output was good. They had trouble with being to long but the problem is fixed. We picked up 5 more ton for this winter.Jeff

I burned 8.3 ton last year in my pb105 boiler, my son burned 5 ton in his Big-E without any issues with heat output or excessive ash. I paid $199/ton for them last year, I would have bought them again this year if I could get them for that. The best price per ton quoted this year was $259/ton, I didn't buy them.

I think I am going to get them. My dealer said they had a issue with the knife on the extruder last year but have it fixed. He said he was having an issue getting his pellets from dry creek. and gave these to his customers instead and he had no complaint and told me he sold more of the PA's than the dry creek this year. So I will give them a try.

Yes it does feel good. I went and purchased 7 tons. I guess I am on my way to becoming a pellet hog. last year I went through 6 tons but it was a cold winter . That was running two stoves to heat my 1900 sq ft house built in 1880. And I keep it at 72 all winter long. I could not do that with oil for the price I did for pellets. I just hope that that it wont cost me more to use pellets this winter than using oil. But I heard oil is creeping up. I just need to get off the oil to heat my hot water I just dont know what to do to solve that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.