Pacific Energy Alderera T6 Any problems?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
Does anyone who owns the Alderera t6 have any problems or issues with this stove? Thanks

I have the Alderlea T5 insert. It is a great stove. I replaced the door gasket after three years of part time burning ( 3/4 time november to february). I have some warping on the back of the baffle, but it does not seem to affect the performance.No other problems to report.

I think ours is ~ 10 yrs old. Have replaced: door gasket, baffle gasket and fire brick one time each. Otherwise no issues.

Learned early on to not put a cast iron kettle of water on the stove top. Besides adding very little H2O to our home, the boil overs, "sprits" and vapor are not exactly compatible with the steel and cast iron. Invest in a blower if you have a larger home. Invest in properly stacking, storing enough wood for at least a year in advance to allow the wood to properly season. Can't stress the last sentence enough. My wife can control the stove.

I have the Alderlea T5 insert. It is a great stove. I replaced the door gasket after three years of part time burning ( 3/4 time november to february). I have some warping on the back of the baffle, but it does not seem to affect the performance.No other problems to report.

I just saw this insert today. I've never owned an insert. If the power goes out will it still make your home toasty? Can you warm food on it too? In my application it would make life easier to install perhaps, but I'd want all the things that I can get from a free standing stove if we switch.

How tall is your chimney from the top of your insert and did you have to squeeze the liner to get it past the smoke shelf in your fireplace?

BeachBumm
I am heating about 2000 sq ft with it , heat distribution is much better with the fans running but it still heats fairly well without them as it is designed not to impede natural convection. You can warm and cook food on it in a small pan once you remove the top front cover ( it just lifts off). I have a 25 ft exterior masonary chimney with a flex liner inside. A few bricks have been removed from the smoke shelf to allow the liner to pass through. Check out chimneysweeponline.com, they have a lot of great information on this insert.